What is Chiropractic Treatment
Chiropractic Treatment A type of therapy in which the hands are used to manipulate the spine or other parts of the body. Sometimes, heat and ice, relaxation techniques, exercise, and other treatments are also used. Chiropractic therapy may be used to treat conditions such as back pain, neck pain, headache, and hand or foot problems, and to improve overall health. It is a type of complementary and alternative medicine
Chiropractors use hands-on spinal manipulation and other alternative treatments. The theory is that proper alignment of the body’s musculoskeletal structure, particularly the spine, will enable the body to heal itself without surgery or medication. Manipulation is used to restore mobility to joints restricted by tissue injury caused by a traumatic event, such as falling, or repetitive stress, such as sitting without proper back support.
Chiropractic treatment is primarily used as a pain relief alternative for muscles, joints, bones, and connective tissue, such as cartilage, ligaments, and tendons. It is sometimes used in conjunction with conventional medical treatment.
15 Benefits you might not have known
1. Improves joint mobility, function and health.
2. Makes tight muscles loose and loose muscles tight and improves the contractility (thereby strength) of the muscle.
3. Decreases degeneration of the joint and connective tissues (arthritis).
4. Decreases the on-going inflammatory process associated with the subluxation.
5. Improves circulation taking stagnant blood out and bringing new blood in.
6. Speeds up the recovery process.
7. Improves nerve system function and the individual nerve’s ability to carry nerve impulses more efficiently.
8. Strengthens the immune system.
9. Improves individual organ system function (heart, lung, sinuses, digestive, etc).
10. Improves a person’s disposition (they’re more FUN to be around).
11. Calms a hyperactive mind and energizes a depressed mind.
12. Increases energy, vitality and improves sleep.
13. Relieves/Improves Prenatal Discomfort
14. Decreases length of labor and associated back pain.
15. Decreases the adverse effects of stress.
Chiropractic adjustment is safe when it’s performed by someone trained and licensed to deliver chiropractic care. Serious complications associated with chiropractic adjustment are overall rare, but may include
A herniated disk or a worsening of an existing disk herniation
Compression of nerves in the lower spinal column (cauda equina syndrome)
A certain type of stroke (vertebral artery dissection) after neck manipulation
Don’t seek chiropractic adjustment if you have
Numbness, tingling or loss of strength in an arm or leg
Cancer in your spine
An increased risk of stroke
A known bone abnormality in the upper neck